*** Governor Ayade fingered
It has just been confirmed that Rev. Fr. Titus Armon, Assistant Parish Priest of Holy Spirit Parish, Abuochiche, Bekwarra LGA was arrested yesterday evening at about 6pm by military men who didn’t identify themselves.
Eye witness accounts by parishioners who attended Evening Mass said Father Armon was picked up right in the Church Premises just as he finished the evening mass and was greeting parishioners.
More information coming in has it that he was “arrested” by men In military uniform dispatched from Calabar! He was arrested in place of his twin brother, also a priest who serves in Anambra. His twin brother has recently been highly critical of the governor of Cross River State, Ben Ayade.
Father Armon, the one at Anambra had written a very critical fact check on the tenure of Gov Ayade!
Efforts however are under way by the Catholic Heirachy lawyers from Joe Agi SAN Chambers to trace him and effect his release.
“We look forward to his release and more details on why he was arrested and who instigated his arrest as the day goes by,” the eye witness say.
Parishioners at SS Peter and Paul are said to be restive and are wondering why a priest will be arrested and from within the premises of the church too.
Reports reaching us indicate that community leaders are working hard to placate worshippers so as to prevent a breakdown of law and order.
Fact Check on Ayade by Father Armon which probably led to the arrest:
“Governor Ayade warns Cross River State Youths.*
Great Cross Riverians, I want to salute the courage of our young people who joined their compatriots across the nation to protest against police brutality and bad government in Nigeria.
♤ Where were you hiding when #EndSARS started in Cross River State?
As you are aware, my administration has over the years made the well-being of our young people a key priority.
FACT Check: Most of them belong to the same Cult fraternity as your brother Frank!
Indeed, not only do we have the youngest political appointee in the country, who is just over 16 years old, our state executive council is the youngest in the country.
♤ FACT Check: That IS NOT TRUTH. The youngest person was 19yrs when appointed.
I value the life of every Cross Riverian. I am therefore, appealing to our young people to avoid any act that could bring them on the way of harm now that the Federal Government has deployed anti-riot policemen in our cities.
♤ FACT Check: It’s your responsibility! DON’T PASS THE BLAME to the Federal Government of Nigeria.
You have through your sustained protests, made your points. We have heard you loud and clear.
All the issues you have raised are noted and I hereby, make the following commitments:
- We will proceed with the process of asphalt overlay and fixing of potholes within Calabar metropolis. We must however, allow the rains to subside to give us a dry sub-surface to make for a better and more lasting job.
♤ FACT Check: You recently said on record that you were not elected the Governor of Cross River State to be repairing potholes. Has #EndSARS now changed your mind?
- We will find additional means to create more jobs for our young people.
♤ FACT Check: You keep on making this same promise every year, during the COVID-19 pandemic you made the same promise yet again.
I would like you to note that in spite of being the least federal allocation earning state, we do not owe salaries. We also do not owe pensions
😳🙄🤔Prof. Ben rapture is real! Our lean resources not withstanding, we will strive to commence the payment of gratuity as soon as possible. What happened to your Intellectual Money and Green Money?
Do not forget also that our administration granted tax exemption to low income earners in the state.
♤ FACT Check: Your guys are still beating up citizens and collecting Tax from them.
- The focus of our administration has been on industrializing the state with a view to creating job opportunities for our people. We have established several industries including the ultra-modern rice mill, Ogoja, Cocoa Processing Factory, Ikom, Calabar Pharmaceutical Factory, Calabar Noodles Factory, Frozen Chicken Factory, Calabar Garment Factory, Rice Seedling Factory, Toothpick Factory, Piles and Pylon Factory, all of which have been completed. The factories will soon commence operations, thus providing more job opportunities for our people, including our young people.
♤ FACT Check: All these bogus factories mainly located in warehouses are privately registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC; Barrister Alphonsus Oga Eba, Due Process DG and your candidate for the PDP-CRS Chairmanship is a major shareholder in most of them.
- We are doing more than it is in public domain to confront the security challenges in Calabar. We have deployed a special security team from Abuja and so far, the team is doing a good job, arresting between 15 to 20 suspected kidnappers on daily basis.
♤ “Benedict! Benedict!! Benedict!!!… how many times did I call you? I am not saying that you are lying; I AM SAYING YOU ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH. Kidnappers are having a field day in Calabar and Akpabuyo on a daily basis_
99.9 percent of suspects are non-indigenes of the state. So I commend our people for their non-involvement in this crime of stealing human beings.
♤ FACT Check: That Is Simply NOT TRUE more of the captured suspects paraded were indigenes of the state.
- The dualisation of the Tinapa-Odukpani Highway with the spaghetti flyover and an interchange bridge will be completed this coming dry season.
♤ FACT Check: Are you prepared to take native Oath “Mbiam” that the Spaghetti Flyover will be completed this coming dry season? Have you now found a sponsor as a result of #EndSARS? My friend “mbòk, biko, ejòr, dòn allah,” fear GOD…
- Asphalting of the dual carriage road in northern part of the state will get to the Bekwarra axis of the road by the end of the month. The Okpoma, Mfom part of the road will be completed by the first quarter of 2021.
♤ NO COMMENT!
- Boki East-West road and the North Ukelle road which the World Bank reckoned was beyond the capacity of the State, will be completed by the first quarter of 2021.
♤ NO COMMENT!
- The construction of the 275km superhighway and the Bakassi Deep Seaport was set back by three years when the Federal Government took our State to court. It took a spec